Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Tea towels - one down, 11 to go

I've finished my first tea towel! I decided to take it off the loom so I could see if I liked everything about it or not. Kind of like a sample, but it's on the warp with all the actual tea towels. Anyway, I'm glad I decided to take it off because there were a few things I noticed about the under side that I am going to change before moving on to the next one. Overall, I'm very happy with the result,just needs a bit of tweaking.

For those weavers in the crowd, I did a traditional Huck-a-back threading pattern, with a straight twill on the outside of the blue stripes. And did a plain weave type thing on the bottom and top (which wasn't a true plain weave because of the threading, but I really like the look)