Friday 8 November 2013

Yardage

One of my classes is organizing a craft sale. This will help us to learn about the benefits of productions lines and not just making one of a kind items. Originally, I wanted to just do woven items, because that's what I enjoy the most. But we are supposed to focus on different price points, and woven items tend to be on the higher end of the spectrum. 

But I'm still weaving of course! My first production line on the loom in class was to weave yardage, and hopefully make coin purses out of them. I'm using a 50/50 wool/silk blend. It's quite luscious. I might have gone a bit overboard with the type of yarn I used, but they will be wonderful. I also overestimated the size of the pieces I would need, so instead of the 20 coin purses I plan to make, I could actually make closer to 80 if I so choose. But I only have 20 clasps, so at least that will limit me.