Monday 12 August 2013

New machine!


Summer is quickly coming to an end. How depressing. I feel like I barely had a summer at all.

But on the plus side, I have acquired a new piece of machinery - not another loom though (3 is probably enough for now).

One of the volunteers who helps a lot at work and who I've spend a decent amount of time with got a new sewing machine. I guess when her husband agreed to the purchase of the sewing machine, he told her that she needed to get rid of one of the five sewing machines she already had. Guess who was in the right place at the right time?! Me!

It has a beautiful cabinet with large fold out extensions, so there will be a lot of space for the fabric to sit and not weigh down. It needs a bit of a tune up since it hadn't been used regularly in awhile, but it's very exciting! It's a Singer Model 774.


Model 774

Lots of table space!

E